Thursday, August 19, 2010

W1D2

Today was an early day for us. Husband S had football practice at night so we were forced to run in the morning. Neither of us are morning people so I don't think either of us thought the other one would actually wake up at 7:45 AM to go running. What the heck have we turned into? We are getting up early now AND we are running? So out of the ordinary for us. Running makes you do weird things!

Well, to our surprise we both got out of bed. I actually had trouble sleeping the whole night because I was nervous for the morning run. I kept waking up every hour and looking at the clock, wondering if it was 7:45 and if it was time to run yet. I was nervous to run I think because I was still so sore. I remember at one point early in the morning it was raining and I happily thought to myself, "yay, I won't have to run now." So funny. Anyways, 7:45 rolled around and it wasn't raining and it was time to run.

We went out on the trails by 8AM. It was humid, cloudy, and wet. I was definitely sore still. But it wasn't as bad as the previous days. This type of soreness was something I could work through. And I did. The running parts seemed more strenuous today. It may have been the combination of increased heat and humidity outside that made everything seem worse. I was having a harder time catching my breath during the 90 second walks. I also felt like I wasn't going as fast as I had the first day. In addition, I developed blisters on the soles of my feet during this run. My crappy Skechers shoes aren't really running shoes and they rub on the bottoms of my feet wrong. S and I also got off on the timing. There were some tractors on the trails and they were pretty noisy. We couldn't hear the iphone for awhile and missed our cues. So that kind of through off our whole circuit for awhile. But we made up for it at the end by running during some of the cool-down time and then just extending the cool-down time later.

Husband S really pushed me today. I had a sideache a few times throughout the workout and he kept pushing me to go further. At the end we didn't exactly have a timer when we were trying to get back on track with the run/walk circuits and I wanted to stop at what I thought was a minute but he kept telling me to run to the end of the block. I didn't make it all the way there, but he definitely pushed me to go farther on that block than I had wanted to. A bad side-ache on my right side ensued after that. But I felt happy that we were working together as a team and motivating each other to do the best that we can.

I still felt sore the rest of the day, but not as bad as the first day. The worst part were the blisters on my feet. I had to wear my Minnetonka Moccasin shoes the rest of the day (they are like comfortable slippers). My boss at work commented on my colorful shoes and I just said I liked them because they were very comfortable.

So that was day 2. Overall, I was very impressed with the fact that we successfully ran for a second day and that we got up early to do it! We are on our way to becoming runners!

No comments:

Post a Comment