Saturday, September 18, 2010


Ok, I have not fallen off the face of the earth! And I haven't stopped the program. (Yay for husband S and I!) I just haven't had time to blog lately!

I'm going to get back on track with this blog and try to post some of the past days. But for now I'll start talking about today which was W5D3 - the day I was dreading for quite some time. I was basically scared ever since I first saw what it entailed, which is 20 minutes of running without any walking breaks besides the warm-up or cool-down.

The weather has been a lot cooler the past week or so. Today it was pretty chilly - maybe 50's. The coldest day of running so far. At least it was cloudy. I prefer clouds to the sun burning me. I wore shorts and my new zip-up running jacket. I didn't get very warm until about half way through. Then I took the jacket off because my arms were hot. Just my arms were hot, nothing else. Weird, huh?

Well the great thing about today was we made it through the 20 minutes. There were times when I mentally thought I wasn't going to make it. But I kept pushing through it and kept putting one foot in front of the other. Husband S gave me some positive words of encouragement and told me he knew I could finish. That helped a little too.

I felt incredibly proud of us as we finished the run right back by our starting bridge. We did it! It was something I never would have been able to do just 5 weeks prior. And it was definitely something I never ever thought I'd do just 2 months before. I never thought I'd be a runner, and now here I was running for 20 minutes.

I'm kind of excited about running in week 6 because we get a few walking breaks again. This will give me a chance to work on increasing my speed. I may have finished the 20 minutes today, but it wasn't the fastest run yet. So I'll enjoy working on running faster the next week.

To all of my followers, how did W5D3 go for you? Were you pleasantly surprised with your results?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I was pleasantly surprised by my W5 D3 results today. I was terrified for this run. But I counted in 5-minute intervals and I was shocked that, 15 minutes in, I hadn't yet passed out or died.

    Amazing feeling :) We should be graduating C25K around the same time!